California Immigration and Naturalization Lawyers
In the years following September 11, 2001, it has become more difficult for legal permanent residents (Green Card Holders) to move through the country or leave the country and return. It has become more and more valuable for legal permanent residents to go through the naturalization process and become a United States Citizen. In most cases, these individuals will be allowed to keep any citizenship in their home country.
A dedicated and caring California Immigration Lawyer from the The Law Office of Andy Miri is experienced helping legal permanent residents through the naturalization process. Our compassionate Immigration Lawyers offer professionalism, experience, respect, and personal assistance to help you become a US citizen.
The most important factor in completing the naturalization process is the timely sending of all the documents to USCIS. Clients are provided with sample literacy immigration test questions and answers so that the they are not surprised by the questions at the interview. We will counsel you about the need to complete medical examinations and to have photographs and fingerprints taken in a timely manner. If the client wishes, one of our Immigration Attorneys can accompany the client to the interview with a USCIS officer.
Requirements for Naturalization
There are general requirements for naturalization. However, there are occasional deviations from these guidelines. In order to prepare for the naturalization process, it is important to understand these general guidelines, such as:
- You must have been a legal permanent resident for a number of years (3 years when married to a U.S. citizen; 5 years when not married to a U.S. citizen)
- You must have lived in the district you are requesting naturalization from for at least 90 days
- You must have lived in the same place the entire 90 days (without leaving the country)
- You must have physically been in the United States for at least 30 months prior to naturalization
- You must have had good moral character for the previous 5 years (no criminal activity)
- You must pass an English and Civics test
- You must be at least 18 years old
Why Hire an Attorney?
The US naturalization process is much more complex than the simple forms that can be found on the Internet. Before granting citizenship, the government will conduct an in depth investigation of your background and history. Things that seem minor in the past may make naturalization more difficult as you seek citizenship.
As experienced Southern California Immigration and Naturalization Lawyer, The Law Office of Andy Miri can help you through the challenges in the naturalization process. We understand how to search for issues that may cause problems and how to overcome these problems before they cause you a permanent roadblock to your dream of American Citizenship.
Law Offices of Andy Miri“Dedicated to your needs
Focused on your success”
CALL ANDY MIRI TODAY: 323-725-8263Hablamos Español