Call The Law Office Of Andy Miri 323-725-8263Hablamos Español

California Work Visas Attorney

Non-Immigrant Work Visas are strictly for temporary employment in the US. For Immigrant Visas, you are wanting to read about Permanent Resident Cars under the “Green Card” category.

What is a Work Visa?

A work visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows you to enter the US and work for a temporary amount of time. It is usually for several years depending on the type of visa. If you are already in the US, you don’t even need a visa. Instead, you can apply to change your legal status to receive work authorization. Remember, you only need a visa to enter the US.

How do I qualify for a work visa in the US?

Job OfferTo qualify for a work visa, you must have a job offer from a US employer that is willing to sponsor you. Employer sponsorship means paying your salary, signing necessary immigration documents and obeying immigration laws. If you are not in the US, you must apply for a work visa at a US consulate/embassy in your home country. If you are already in the US, you will need to change your legal status to receive work authorization.

Can I apply for Permanent Residency (“Green Card”)?

Yes. After you enter the US, you may apply for permanent residency (a green card). However, there may be travel restrictions after you apply for permanent residency depending on your visa type. Please speak with a Southern California Immigration Attorney from The Law Office of Andy Miri so you can get a first hand assessment of all your legal options that are available to you.

What types of Work Visas are available?

There are many types of work visas available to persons overseas and in the US. Types of work visas include:

J-1 Visa for Trainees and Exchange Visitors
H-1B Visa for Professional Workers
E-1 Visa for International Trade Workers
E-2 Visa for Investors and Essential Workers
E-3 Visa for Australian Professional Workers
TN Visa for Canadian and Mexican Professional Workers
L-1A Visa for Multinational Company Managers, Executives and <
L-1B Visa for Multinational Company Workers w/ Specialized Knowledge
P-1 Visa for Entertainers, Athletes and Artists
R-1 Visa for Religious Workers
F-1 Visas for Students
H-2A Visa for Agricultural Workers
H-2B Visa for Temporary or Seasonal Workers
I Visa for Journalists and Reporters
O-1 Visas for Persons of Extraordinary Abilities in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics
Other visas are also available if you qualify.

If you believe that you qualify for any of the above work visas, please call an California Area Immigration Attorney from The Law Office of Andy Miri. A compassionate and experienced Immigration Attorney will speak with you and discuss all of your available options. When we have a clear understanding of unique situation, you can choose the right work visa for you and your situation.

Law Offices of Andy Miri

“Dedicated to your needs
Focused on your success”

CALL ANDY MIRI TODAY: 323-725-8263Hablamos Español

Practice Areas & Information