J Exchange Visitor Visas

Call The Law Office Of Andy Miri 323-725-8263Hablamos Español

California J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Lawyer

The J exchange visitor visa has an emphasis on cross-cultural exchange. The visa is available if the foreign national is coming to the United States as a professor or research scholar, short-term scholar, trainee or intern, college or university student, secondary school student, or summer student in work/travel program. Other J-1 categories include professor or research scholar, teacher, nonacademic specialist, foreign physician, international visitor, government visitor, camp counselor, or au pair.

The requirements for this visa include DS-2019 certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of State. The requirements depend on the category. The national must demonstrate that he or she has the sufficient funds. Another requirement is that the national must be fluent in English. The foreign national must demonstrate that he or she has sufficient medical insurance and that he has a residence abroad.

If you, your family, your school, or your organization needs professional assistance in filing for a Special J Visa contact an California Immigration Attorney at the The Law Office of Andy Miri.

Law Offices of Andy Miri

“Dedicated to your needs
Focused on your success”

CALL ANDY MIRI TODAY: 323-725-8263Hablamos Español

Practice Areas & Information